Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Getting Crafty:Party Edition


The obsession has taken over...I am "officially" in full party planning mode & probably "officially" driving my husband insane with all of my crazycake bright ideas! I even bought a little notebook to write them down in so they are not forgotten. One of my perfectly sane party must-haves: Ribbon Topiaries! I saw some when I was perusing Etsy and fell in love with the idea as having them as centerpieces but when I saw the price...$38.00 (for 1!!!) I immediately  KNEW the hubby would have a heart attack if I even *thought* about actually buying them.Off to the land of Google I went to find out how to make them myself! 
When I learned how easy it was to make a topiary I got really excited because I'm not really the most savvy DIY person around! 
So after a  tutorial & one trip to Michaels later, this is the result.......





I know it isn't perfect(or finished) but it's a start!! I am still considering changing a few things around,like using a square pot and painting it white with pink and green polka dots instead. What do you think? Leave it the way it is or change it?


Oh, I don't think I ever mentioned what the theme of Julianna's party will be- Bright pink/green, ladybugs & polka dots. Not too original, I know but what can I say? I  heart it!!!  :)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower- but I LOVE that! How easy was it to make?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great! I like the colors you used, but you could always have a few different designs to keep things interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Girls are SO fun to plan for! I'm already planning Jackson't 1st bday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley that is darling, don't change a thing! Love it! Wow, I think you have a side business brewing, hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just found you, cute blog! What a great idea for her party. We have a one-year birthday party coming here, too, and I'm the lazy 2nd-child mom: We're having cake with the grandparents. No theme, but a very fluffy blue and yellow cake hand-made by Mama with lots of candles and sprinkles. :)

    ReplyDelete