Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rockin' n Rollin'


At 4:04 am Julianna experienced her first earthquake!And of course she didn't even notice anything was going on. It was only a 4.4 but still an earthquake nonetheless. I happened to have already been awake because my little babe wanted a 4am snack. I just finished making her bottle when I heard it, you know the sound, its the sound you hear before you feel the earth shake. I hate it. It sends a rush of fear through me. That is probably what really makes me panic, it is the anticipation of knowing what follows "that sound". Thank God Chad was still home because if he wasn't I probably would have freaked out a little...more. Ever since I was a little girl I have had to remind myself not to panic. During an earthquake I was always the one that would be running around the house like a crazy lady! My dad would tell me"Panicking is what gets people killed, RELAX!" Strong words for a little one,( the killed one) but hey, I never forgot it. So even now after 20 years of being a California girl, I am not used to earthquakes and they still make me panic...just not as much as when I was 5.


Oh,and another thing...why do earthquakes always have to be in the middle of the freaking night or right before the sun comes up? Why??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment