Friday, July 2, 2010

Change is in the Air

You know those people who don't think twice about chopping off their hair and getting a new and improved style? Well, I am not really one of them. I get a little bit anxious and cause myself unnecessary stress when I think about going in for a major style change, I attribute this to being traumatized by a horrible haircut that I got when I was in the 5th grade.

Basically the story goes like this...My mom made my brother and I appointments to get our haircut after school one day. No big deal, just a trim right? WRONG! Apparently my mom and the hairstylist thought I would look cuter with a new "hip" style. They both assured me I was going to look soooo cute and my hair would like healthier, blah,blah,blah.

Even though I didn't want to cut my hair I agreed. I think it was because both my mom and the stylist seemed so excited about it and of course me being 10,I believed they probably knew what they were talking about. Well lets just say when she turned me around to look at myself in the mirror, everyone in the whole salon knew how I felt and I mean EVERYONE!

When I saw myself in the mirror I was shocked! I started crying, not just a few tears...I was bawling! You would think by my reaction the stylist should have known how I felt about that super cute cut she promised me. I guess she was still unsure because she asked me how liked it and I proceeded to tell her how ugly and horrible it was and how much I hated it. I hated it so much that I locked myself in the bathroom at the salon. I was very dramatic I know, but I was so upset and embarrassed by the way I looked. I think I was in their for a good 20 minutes before I finally came out. My hair eventually got sort of "fixed" and I ended up with chin length hair. Not exactly the look I was going for to start off my middle school career. Eventually my hair did grow back and all was right with my world again!

All of that to say... I plan on cutting my hair and getting a new look!I have been saying this for a few months now but I think I am finally ready. Don't get me wrong, there is still a part of me who is a little nervous,but I am kind of excited at the same time. I like that with long hair you can be pretty versatile and I worry that with shorter hair I will be "stuck" doing the same style all of the time but I also like that my wash and blow dry time will be cut in half! So I finally did it, I made an appointment! ::Eeekk::


This is how my hair looks now:


I would like something like these styles. I might try and keep it a little longer though, just to prevent myself from having a panic attack!







Oh! I was also given 2 awards! Thank you Mama Hen! She is so sweet and her Little Chick is
adorable!! Go check her out!


Image and video hosting by  TinyPic





2 comments:

  1. Your welcome Ashley! You deserve it! Your hair is so beautiful! I would not go too short, so you could see how you like it. My hair grows really quickly, so I have always been able to cut it and know it will come back quickly enough! What a cute picture! Have a great 4th of July!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have such gorgeous hair! I'd kill to have locks like that :O) I've had to have my hair short for the last few years because of the boys. I can understand how'd you feel about changing your hair. Just remember, it will grow back no matter what you do. I like the desperate housewife's style....it's cute and not too short. Good luck and post pictures!

    ReplyDelete